Child Support: An Attorney Committed To Your Children's Well-Being

Children have a right to support from both of their parents after divorce. In situations where one spouse is better equipped to provide financial support, he or she will be required to contribute child support payments to the other parent to ensure the child's needs are met at both homes.

For many parents, a divorce presents some of the most difficult choices they will ever have to make regarding their children. In conjunction with child custody arrangements, parents will also need to consider the long-term financial stability of their children.

Either through mediation or in the courtroom, I will help you reach a fair and reasonable child support arrangement that is sensitive to your situation while providing for your child's emotional and financial well-being. While child support guidelines are utilized in the majority of cases, deviations and budget analysis is also available under certain circumstances.

Helping Parents Remember What Really Matters

In highly contested divorces, it is easy for spouses to focus solely on hurting one another while children get lost in the ruckus. Furthermore, some spouses may fall behind on child support payments. Regardless of the circumstances of your separation, I will help you remain focused on reaching an amicable agreement that provides for your children if this is possible.

Some ways I help parents with child-related matters include:

  • Carefully explaining child support guidelines and the expectations for a payee
  • Negotiating support and custody arrangements during mediation
  • Litigating child support matters if necessary
  • Holding a spouse accountable for child support delinquency
  • Modifying child support orders to adapt to any changes

A Lawyer Protecting Your Children — Emotionally And Financially

While it may be difficult after a divorce to maintain some semblance of normalcy, it's important to try. As your attorney, I will help make sure your child has every opportunity available through structuring a child support order that sees to his or her needs.

Schedule a consultation by calling the Law Offices of Susan J. Rubin, LLC, at 301-251-0095. You may also contact me online. I have been representing Maryland families in matters of family law for more than 35 years.